Practice activities for the listening module of the IELTS test:
Watching video clips is a fantastic way to improve your English. We’ve prepared some great exercises for you to do as you watch. You’ll improve your listening, vocabulary and grammar, as well as learning about what’s going on in the world.
Practise and improve your listening skills for your school studies and English exams. The activities are prepared for different levels.
- Don’t finish talking before the time given
- Use complex sentences and uncommon words
- Don’t hurry
- Don’t use short answers
- Be as accurate as possible but don’t let that stop you being fluent
- Talk as much as you can in a natural way
- Don’t try to memorise a particular answer to use in the interview. You can practise the sort of thing you want to say – especially in Part One, but don’t memorise set answers.
- Be relaxed and confident